5 Reasons you aren’t where you want to be.
I did a post today on my Instagram @clairemrae about training glutes and I wanted to discuss this a little more. Because this is my personal blog, I feel that I have a right to tell you what I think with no hidden agenda. I know that so many people out there are looking for the tricks to get them in shape like their favourite fitness model or celebrity. I come into conversation about this matter so many times that it almost frustrates me that we still live in a world where people are being lied too, or are just not seeing the truth of the matter. I have over 15 years experience training myself and thousands of others and I know that there are too many factors to give people a one sentence answer as to why they are not seeing the results they seek. Here are a few reasons that I find are keeping people back from their goals. Bare with me as I really don’t want to squash dreams but only enlighten people to discover their best selves mentally, emotionally and physically.
Here are my top 5 reasons you are not seeing the results you seek.
1. You don’t have specific goals. People make general goals because they are scared of failure. They don’t make specific goals and thus waste their time looking for quick fixes in a variety of areas.
2. You don’t track. How are you suppose to know what is working or isn’t working if you aren’t sure exactly what you are doing to get you the results you have right now.
3. You are impatient. Everything that you want probably takes time. It takes time to build habits both good ones or bad ones. It takes time to learn new skills. You need to set an appropriate time to achieve your goals. Ask people that have gotten to where you want to be how long the process was and then make goals that are attainable based off your findings.
4. You compare yourself to others but don’t know their story. It’s easy to look at a picture and make an assumption about how they got to where they are. I find that people that compare themselves to people that are drug induced, located in different places, have different obstacles but they don’t see their own gifting. We are all unique and need to realize that where you are is where you need to be right now. You have things going for you that others don’t have. You should make goals and keep working at them but never undermine your own talents and gifts. Your gifts are needed for the people around you. Don’t put others on a pedestal, if you ever actually met your idol you may be very disappointed to find they have problems of their own also.
5. You are not consistent. It is what you do day in and day out that will get you results, not what you do for a week or every 3 months. It’s your daily habits that will give you your result. If you think partying every weekend but being strict on your diet during the week will work, you are missing two days or even three that others are not missing out on. If you are a “sometimes” person you will have sometimes results. I’m not saying this is bad but you have to be ok with that and in doing so, you have decided what’s more important to you.
Honestly, If you want to learn the healthy, all natural way to get in shape and love your life, as well as meet other like minded people join the BMM Fit Fam. I spent a few years developing a program that will help you get on the right track. For more info please visit www.bodymakeovermovement.com and join our VIP membership. I have teamed up with some amazing coaches to bring you the answers you seek and a professional look at training for beginners all the way up and through the competitive fitness athlete. We provide real prizes, unlike many fitness organizations that only give you 1 minute on stage. We want to encourage you every step of the way. The fitness lifestyle is a life skill everyone should obtain. I only believe in offering truthful and healthy ways to living fit and healthy minded. Please join us and be part of this healthy movement.
Follow my main Instagram page @clairemrae and The Body Makeover Movement’s Page @bodymakeoverovement